Software Refund Policy:
Generally you will only be entitled to a refund if all of the following apply:
- The software is demonstrated to be defective or not fit for its stated purpose. Note: It is not defective simply because it is incompatible with your hardware;
- A defect is found and our technical support staff cannot provide a fix or work-around within 28 days;
- There is a defect in the software that could not be detected in the trial version; and
- The software has not been activated (converted from an activation code to a registration key).
If all of the above apply, contact our support team. Our support team will then ask you to fax us a signed declaration, with:
- A copy of your invoice – sent to you by email when you purchased.
- A description of the problem you found in the software.
- A confirmation that you have not yet activated.
- A copy of the license serial number(s).
- A signed statement that you will uninstall the software and remove it from your computer.
Please include all 5 points above in your fax. DO NOT fax us with a refund request without prior instructions from the support team to do so.
We generally do not refund or exchange in these circumstances:
- At any time after activation or registration.
- Just because you made a ‘mistake’ when ordering.
- Just because you changed your mind after ordering.
- Refunds of technical support plans just because you never ended up needing support.
General Returns Policy:
Under the Trade Practices Act 1974 you may seek a refund if goods:
- Are or become faulty through no fault of your own
- Are not fit for a stated purpose or a purpose you made known to our sales staff
- Don’t match our description or sample
- Have defects that were not obvious or we did not bring to your attention.
However, the goods must be returned within a reasonable period and you may be asked for proof of purchase, you may also be asked to demonstrate that the problem with the goods was not your fault.
If you prefer an alternative to a refund, we can arrange for goods to be exchanged or repaired. A store credit may be offered at our discretion.
Please choose carefully as you are not entitled to a refund if you simply change your mind. Keep your receipt as proof of purchase.
For more information on warranties and refunds contact the ACCC Info Centre on 1300 302 502 or visit www.accc.gov.au.?
If your shipment arrives damaged:
You must note the damage on the courier’s / Australia Post delivery record in accordance with the courier policy, save the merchandise in the original box and packing it arrived in, and notify MacItUp within 24 hours to arrange for a courier / Australia Post inspection and pick up of damaged merchandise. If you do not notify MacItUp of damaged goods within the first 24 days of arrival, the regular return policy will override any claim of damage, and your purchase(s) will fall under all current manufacturer restrictions.
Defective/Dead on arrival non-software products:
Products sold on our website may be approved for return by the technical support division of MacItUp. The return must be 100% complete, in original and resalable condition, with all original packaging, manuals, registration card(s) and software. Original shipping charges are not refundable. Shipping charges on returned products are the responsibility of the customer. MacItUp will match the shipping method and pay for shipping charges on replacement or exchange products. All late, non-defective, and/or incomplete returns are subject to minimum 15% restocking fee. However we will reject any item that has been deemed damaged by the customer or item that has been damaged due to insufficient packing by the customer.
How Do I Return My Product?
- Customer must obtain an Return Merchandise Authorisation number (RMA) from our returns department before returning any merchandise. Please use the form here to obtain your RMA number.
- RMA numbers must be clearly labeled on the outside of the box when sent back to us. We will not process any returns or refunds without the RMA number present with the return.
- RMA number authorisations do not imply automatic credit. Credit will be issued upon inspection of the returned merchandise.
- The onus is on the purchaser to ensure the goods return safely. We recommend using registered or recorded delivery.
- The return must be 100% complete, in original and resalable condition, with all original packaging, manuals, registration card(s) and software. Original shipping charges are not refundable. Shipping charges on returned products are the responsibility of the customer.
- Only items listed and determined to be in RESALABLE CONDITION will be credited. Items returned must arrive in new, RESALABLE CONDITION with no damage or wear or missing packaging.
- Items that are damaged due to insufficient packing by customer or items that show signs of misuse will not be accepted for credit/refund/warranty.
- DO NOT WRITE, MARK, MUTILATE OR PLACE LABELS directly on the manufacturer’s box or package or any of the instruction manuals as this affects its RESALABLE CONDITION.
- We reserve the right to refuse a return if the item is not in a RESALABLE CONDITION. In some cases if the item is in reasonable condition but not in a RESALABLE CONDITION, we will charge a 20% restocking fee.
- Credit requests should be directed to the returns department at this link.
- All claims must be made no later than 30 days from the invoice date. This would cover short shipments, over shipments, etc.
- All requests for returns must be made no later than 30 days from the invoice date. 13. Invoice number is required. This does not include defective product but does include sales errors.